Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit or debit card number (Encrypted)
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
- to send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- to send you surveys and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- to personalize your experience on the Site and our other websites by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to you.
- to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- to allow you to send messages to a friend through the Site. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- if you purchase a product or service from us, to complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to have your payments processed, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
How Personal Information is Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
we DOT NOT disclose your information to any third party; however,
- if you request information from vendors on any one of our websites so that they can provide you with information about their products and services. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR VENDORS’ USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- to identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
- by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public.
- to a SAOA (successor and/or assigns) party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
(a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Non-Personal Information We Collect
“Non-Personal Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We Collect Non-Personal Information
How We Use and Disclose Non-Personal Information
Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
How We Log IP Addresses
An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
How We Use and Disclose IP Addresses?
We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, geographic mapping and administering the Site. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SITES
THIRD PARTY VENDORS
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTY VENDORS.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
Receiving electronic communications from us and our affiliates: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us and our affiliates on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by clicking and following the instructions to unsubscribe. We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages. How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, you may do so by logging into the website and updating your profile. If you would like to suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use, on a going-forward basis, of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may do so by contacting us at [email protected] and provide the name of the service for which information was provided, your full name, and email address so that we may identify you in the opt-out process. For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, and by providing any Personal Information to us, you consent to the transfer of such Personal Information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules from your country of residence.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security number, driver’s license number, credit card number (unless necessary to make a purchase), information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.
CIO Index Attn: Privacy 375 North Stephanie St., Ste 1411, Henderson, NV 89014