Application Management provides a wide variety of application services, processes, and methodologies for maintaining, enhancing and managing custom applications, packaged software applications or network-delivered applications.
Application Management (AM) is an enterprise wide IT governance approach geared toward providing an optimal application performance benchmark for organizations while incorporating business and IT segments, each with diverse AM objectives. Key AM stakeholders are:
- Application owners: Key business executive personnel that view AM in terms of business productivity, revenue, and control.
- Application developers/managers: Key IT enterprise personnel responsible for application development, deployment and maintenance.
- Application users: For this group, AM is measured according to security, privacy, versioning and overall control of application processes and modules.
AM processes include Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Application Portfolio Management (APM) and Application Performance Management (APM).
- ↑ Definition of Application Management Gartner IT Glossary
- ↑ Application Management Explained -Techopedia
- What is Application Management Siemens