A business case captures the business justification for initiating a task or project. Clearly whenever an organisation plans to commit finance or resources to a task or project, it should be in support of a demonstrable business need. Organisations should make use of a business case to:
- Demonstrate the business need for a given action;
- Confirm that a project is feasible before expending significant funding;
- Consider the strategic internal and external drivers for the project; and
- Assess, compare and contrast the costs and benefits (both monetary and non-monetary) of choosing one course of action over another.
- Business Case Definition ANSEC IA