A market analysis is a quantitative and qualitative assessment of a market. It looks into the size of the market both in volume and in value, the various customer segments and buying patterns, the competition, and the economic environment in terms of barriers to entry and regulation.
A market analysis may seem complex, but it’s necessary if you want to lead your business in the direction of success. When you conduct a market analysis, you learn the following:
- Who are my potential customers?
- What are my customers’ shopping and buying habits?
- How large is my target market?
- How much are potential customers willing to pay?
- Who is my competition?
- What are my competitors’ strengths and weaknesses?