Performance management is the systematic process by which a company involves its employees, as individuals and members of a group, in improving organizational effectiveness in the accomplishment of it's mission and goals. Employee performance management includes:
- planning work and setting expectations,
- continually monitoring performance,
- developing the capacity to perform,
- periodically rating performance in a summary fashion, and
- rewarding good performance.
- What is Performance Management? opm.gov