Application Modernization Services
Application modernization services address the migration of legacy to new applications or platforms, including the integration of new functionality to provide the latest functions to the business. Modernization options include re-platforming, re-hosting, recoding, rearchitecting, re-engineering, interoperability, replacement and retirement, as well as changes to the application architecture to clarify which option should be selected.
Application Modernization Services include:
- Application Modernization Roadmap
- Application portfolio assessment - Review the application portfolio to assess risks, issues and constraints. Identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement that align with your business and IT strategies.
- Legacy to SOA point of view - Obtain a view of application modernization options for improving the value of existing applications in a target SOA environment including recommended implementation approaches, tooling, risks, issues, constraints and mitigation plans.
- Application analysis and implementation roadmap - Identify and evaluate options for application modernization based on a detailed analysis and discovery of the application software and consider recommendations for a target architecture and modernization roadmap based on business value and ROI.
- Application Modernization Implementation
- Application understanding - Develop application documentation to support modernization or improve maintenance and testing efficiency.
- Application conversion and SOA enablement - Consider a variety of approaches to modernize and upgrade applications to enhance business value and ROI.
- Application and data rationalization - Consolidate and rationalize data and applications to eliminate redundancy, improve efficiency and make improvements to data quality.
- Server Workload Migration & Consolidation - Assess, plan and implement server workload consolidations to reduce cost and complexity while migrating to a modernized and scalable platform.
The Need for Application Modernization Services
For businesses to thrive in this digital economy, it is imperative for them to drive change with application modernization. This results in significantly higher agility, which is often inhibited by legacy systems. Some of the key challenges with legacy systems are:
- High cost of ownership coupled with demographic reality that talent availability in legacy technologies is diminishing
- Need for customer centricity and the necessity to deliver multi-channel capabilities seamlessly
- Regulatory compliance and the need to embrace open APIs (e.g. PSD2)
- Increase system elasticity to enable growth and leverage pay per consumption basis
- Significantly enabling business agility
Business Benefits through Application Modernization Services
- Reduced complexity of legacy systems through simplified IT portfolio and service orientation
- Enhanced capabilities, usability and functionality from modern applications, databases, languages and tools, including web and remote access
- Application life extension to include enhancements and broader integration with partners and customers
- Preserved investment in core business processes and valuable intellectual property contained in logic and business rules
- Improved Information architecture to support broad business agility
- Established foundation for future extensions into cloud, Internet of Things, and data analytics
- Reduced ongoing operational costs of maintaining legacy assets and resources, putting focus on strategic investments
- Application Platform as a Service (aPaaS)
- Architecture Driven Modernization
- Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT)
- Micro Focus tools enhance EDS Applications Modernization Services EDS
- Application Modernization Services Market Will More Than Double EvolveWare