Business Objects is a broad category of business processes that are modeled as objects. A business object can be as large as an entire order processing system or a small process within an information system.
Business Objects Example
Below is the diagrammatic representation of corporate reporting system of a University using business objects.
source: University of Leicester
- SITS - student records system
- CMIS - timetabling and room booking system
- SDE - IT Services support system
- Blackboard VLE
- Kinetics - conference booking system
- Rooms Service - accommodation management system
- Business Objects - Definition PCMag
- Introduction to Business Objects USACEp2v3