What is the meaning of the word C-Suite?
C-suite refers to the managers at the top of the management hierarchy of a company, organization, or business. These managers are commonly referred to as executives who are responsible for the key functions in the enterprise.
The C-Suite reports into the Board of Directors, if one exists, of the company.
The most common titles found in a C-Suite are the following:
- Chief Operating Officer (COO): responsible for the day to day operations of the enterprise or business
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO): responsible for the financial management of the company
- Chief Marketing Officer (CMO): responsible for the marketing function of the company
- Chief Procurement Officer (CPO): responsible for the purchasing and supplier management of the company
- Chief Information Officer (CIO): responsible for the information and communications technology function of the company
Less common titles are: