Data Manipulation is the modification of information to make it easier to read or more structured. For example, in alphabetical order, a log of data may be sorted, making it easier to find individual entries. On web server logs, data manipulation is also used to allow the website owner to monitor their most famous pages and their sources of traffic.
Purpose of Data Manipulation
Data manipulation is a crucial function for business operations and optimization. To properly use data and transform it into useful insights like analyzing financial data, customer behavior and performing trend analysis, you have to be able to work with the data in the way you need it. As such, data manipulation provides many benefits to a business, including:
- Consistent data: Having data in a consistent format allows it to be organized, read and better understood. When you take data from different sources, you may not have a unified view, but with data manipulation and commands, you can make sure that your data is consistently organized and stored.
- Project data: Being able to use historical data to project the future and provide more in-depth analysis is paramount for businesses, especially when it comes to finances. Data manipulation makes this function possible.
- Create more value from the data: Overall, being able to transform, edit, delete and insert data into a database means that you can do more with your data. By having information that stays static, it becomes useless. But, when you know how to use data to your benefit, you can have clear insights to make better business decisions.
- Remove or ignore unneeded data: Frequently, there is data that is unusable and can interfere with what matters. Unnecessary or inaccurate data should be cleaned and deleted. With data manipulation, you can quickly cleanse your records so that you can work with the information that matters.
- What is the Purpose of Data Manipulation? SolveXia