What is a Project?
A project is defined as a “temporary endeavor with a beginning and an end and it must be used to create a unique product, service or result”. Further, it is progressively elaborated. What this definition of a project means is that projects are those activities that cannot go on indefinitely and must have a defined purpose.
A project is an activity to meet the creation of a unique product or service and thus activities that are undertaken to accomplish routine activities cannot be considered projects. For instance, if your project is less than three months old and has fewer than 20 people working on it, you may not be working in what is called a project according to the definition of the term.
- IT Governance
- Project Charter
- Project Dependencies
- Project Life Cycle
- Project Management
- Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®)
- Project Management Maturity Model (PMMM)
- Project Management Office (PMO)
- Project Plan
- Project Planning Matrix
- Project Portfolio
- Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
- Project Portfolio Rationalization
- Project Scope
- What is a Project? management-study-guide