What is Team Charter
A team charter is a document that outlines the purpose, goals, roles, responsibilities, and ground rules for a team. It is a tool used to define and align the team around a shared vision and to establish a common understanding of the team's purpose and objectives.
The purpose of a team charter is to provide a clear and concise framework for the team to follow as it works towards its goals. It serves as a reference point for team members and can help to guide decision-making and resolve conflicts within the team.
A team charter typically includes the following elements:
- Team name: The name of the team.
- Purpose: A statement of the team's purpose or mission.
- Goals: A list of the team's specific goals or objectives.
- Roles and responsibilities: A description of the roles and responsibilities of each team member.
- Ground rules: A set of guidelines or rules that the team agrees to follow in order to achieve its goals.
Here is an example of a team charter:
- Team name: Marketing Department
- Purpose: To develop and implement effective marketing campaigns for the company's products.
- Increase brand awareness
- Improve customer engagement
- Increase sales
- Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead Marketer: Responsible for overall strategy and campaign development
- Content Manager: Responsible for creating and curating marketing content
- Social Media Manager: Responsible for managing social media accounts and creating social media campaigns
- Ground rules:
- Respect each other's time and workload
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Seek feedback and be open to constructive criticism
- Meet deadlines and deliverables on time