Business Technology Management (BTM)
Business Technology Management (BTM) is a management science that aims to unify business and technology business strategies with the aim of extracting the full potential value of business technology solutions.
The effectiveness of BTM measures and capabilities is recorded by the BTM Maturity Model, which includes four primary dimensions:
- Process: Initial BTM principle dimensions are a set of repeatable, flexible and robust processes specified and optimized for efficiency and general business process quality.
- Organization: Successful management processes are supported by a tight organizational structure based on responsibility, correct decisions and a clear understanding of roles. Includes participative, centralized and need-based bodies.
- Information: All effective decisions depend on timely information that are based on data and metrics, which should be available, accurate, relevant and reliable. Metrics convert raw data into useful data that must appropriately validate strategic and operational objectives. Internal information is used across the enterprise and time. External information crosses functions, industries and extended-enterprise partners.
- Technology: Effective technology facilitates process execution, timely information sharing and continuous coordination of organizational layers and elements and is implemented through reporting, manual task automation, decision-making analytics and management system integration.
A BTM capability is a competency achieved by combining BTM dimensions to create repeatable management processes. Seventeen capabilities are grouped into four functional areas, as follows: *Governance and organization: Ensure that BT decisions are identified and executed to develop an organizational structure that manages risk and meets business needs.
- Technology investments: Ensure enterprise awareness of current IT capabilities, including available resources and future requirements Strategy and planning: Ensure effective decision making related to technology and business synchronization and reducing future development planning and complexity.
- Strategic enterprise architecture: Ensure availability of current and future business environment information.
- ↑ Business Technology Management defined BPC Glossary
- ↑ Business Technology Management Explained Techopedia
- What is Business Technology Management and how does it relate to Enterprise Architecture? Open group
- Business Technology Management - From Alignment to Synchronization to Convergence Faisal Hoque